Friday, January 11, 2013

26 Weeks

Hey, friends!

Week 26 for our little one was also the first week back to school for Austin and me. I'm taking more credits than usual (gotta finish the associates before baby comes), but it looks like it's going to be a really good semester. If all goes well, I will even have the honors program stamp on my associates diploma. Whoo!

I don't have much else to report this week, so I'll just skip to an update on our little girl!


How far along: 26 weeks 3 days
Size of baby: head of lettuce
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed since last week, but I'm probably about the same.
Stretch marks: no new ones
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Baby-related purchases: Austin and I made a deal that I could order the bedding for the nursery as soon as the second bedroom was clean enough to start adding things. After lots of cleaning, de-junking, and organizing, I am proud to say that it looks the best it ever has! And it's about ready to become our little girl's room. That makes me happy enough, but I am even more excited to announce that we finally ordered bedding! I can't wait for it to get here! Austin doesn't quite understand my excitement over these fussy details, but he puts up with my pregnancy obsessions. :)
Movement: Has a baby ever moved so much? I don't think I mentioned this last week, so I'll say it now. When we went in for our appointment last week, the midwife asked if I feel the baby move around every once in a while now. I kind of thought she was kidding for a minute, because she moves around so much! I told her that she is VERY active. They say every baby is totally unique, with their very own personality, and I know she is already very much her own person. She gets the hiccups fairly regularly now, which is adorable. You can see my belly move around with her, too. She's bouncing around like crazy as I write this, which is making Daddy laugh. :) We already love her so much.
Sleep: A little better this week, but I haven't able to get as much because of school. I think being a little more tired has helped me to sleep better, though.
Belly button in or out: Still out. Especially when I cough!
What I miss: I'm mostly just excited right now. :) I do feel bad when I never want to eat Austin's yummy meat creations, though. Meat has continued to be kind of gross to me unless it's well disguised. I hope I like it again after our baby is here! I feel bad that he always just cooks his dishes for one!
Cravings: Fruit! I downed some blueberries and grapes earlier. Yum! One of my friends growing up has the same due date as I do, and she said she has been craving fruit too! Funny, huh?
Symptoms: Harder to breathe, a little uncomfortable (not much room in there these days), baby movements visible from the outside, rapidly growing belly (everyone at work reminds me daily that I'm definitely getting bigger!), mood swings, pregnancy brain (bad these days), tired, and nesting! I love it! I think I'm gonna miss at least this stage of being pregnant.
Worries: Getting everything done in time! Austin and I are opposites on this one. He thinks we're worrying about things way earlier than we need to, and I feel like we have too much to get done to put it off another minute! I'm also a little worried about the glucose test I have in a little while. I've heard it's NASTY. I'll survive.
What I look forward to: Getting the nursery bedding! Our crib won't be naked anymore. My birthday is also next week, so that's kind of exciting!
Celebrations: Buying the crib bedding (can you tell I'm excited about it?) and school starting! One more semester until I meet this little person!

Now that I've proven that I'm very excited about this bedding, here is a picture. :) It's the Carter's Elephant Patches crib bedding set. We ordered the comforter, bumper, blanket, diaper hanger, sheet, dust ruffle, and the cute little green elephant stuffed animal below. Can't wait to post pictures of how it all looks in the nursery!




Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment