Sunday, November 25, 2012

Almost halfway!

Hey, friends!

This pregnancy is absolutely flying by, and I am sorry that I haven't had more time to talk about that and the other adventures that have come along with getting ready to be parents, full-time school, and part-time work! My natural love for crafts of all sorts has come back with a vengeance! I borrowed my mom's sewing machine earlier in the pregnancy, but my little sis borrowed it back to sew a quilt for our little one. It's darling, and I'll have to post a picture of it later. I didn't think to take a picture of it when I saw it at my parents' house over Thanksgiving. My mom decided to buy a new machine on Black Friday, so that means she is gifting her old one to me! I'm soooo thankful! I can't wait to go crazy on all these projects I have folded up, just waiting to be sewn!

Baby Update:

I'm 19 weeks and 5 days today, and we have known the gender of Baby Springer for almost five weeks! I meant to blog about it, but these pregnancy hormones keep getting the best of me. Work and school take it out of me, so I'm lucky to get a post in every few weeks. We announced the gender of our little one with a picture via Facebook, so I may as well do the same here. :) Introducing, Little Girl Springer! :)


We are absolutely thrilled. We thought it might be a boy because of some of my pregnancy symptoms (and just a gut feeling), but we could not have been more excited to learn that our first child is going to be a daughter. The only downside is that we hadn't thought of any girl names yet! So we got busy on that right away, but we're still working on it. I'm so indecisive that we might end up waiting until we see her to finally decide. Then again, I'm pretty anxious to pick a name for her. We'll see what happens. We've been throwing a few different names around, but any ideas are welcome. :) Austin jokes that we're just going to name her Little Girl. I might call her that until we decide on a name. :)

Halloween came just after we found out what we were having, so I wanted to make sure our little girl got to dress up too! I saw this idea used lots of times on Pinterest, so I decided to use it for myself. I used freezer paper and white paint, and they turned out really cute!


I added a pink bow to the baby's skeleton after I took this picture. Here is the finished product on us. Everyone loved them!


We took family pictures with my parents and siblings that same day, which was lots of fun. :)

I think I'm mostly caught up, so now on to one thing I've been dying to add to the blog: a weekly pregnancy update! I'm not saying I'll be able to do it every week, but the ones I've seen on other blogs keep everybody updated on the ups and downs and are so much fun. So I'm trying it out. The list I'm using is very similar to the one I found on V. Dub im Haus. It's an excellent blog with lots of fun pregnancy stuff (among other things).

How far along: 19 weeks 5 days
Size of baby: Mango
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed in a little while, but last I checked I had lost ten pounds since I started out. My belly has grown quite a bit in the last little while, so I'm hoping I'm finally putting on a little weight. Morning sickness was pretty hard on me!
Stretch marks: None yet.
Maternity clothes: You all saw the DIY maternity jeans I made a month or so ago. Those have been my only maternity clothes in rotation until the last week. On Black Friday, I bought 3 pairs of maternity jeans and a few maternity shirts. The next day, one of the ladies in my parents' neighborhood offered me some of her old maternity stuff. Jackpot! My belly is still small, but everything is getting too short or too tight, so I'm grateful for all my new maternity things!
Baby-related purchases: I bought one tiny newborn outfit for baby on Black Friday, and I also bought two bolts of girly fabric at Joann's. It was way too cheap to pass up! We were also lucky enough to have another family from my parents' neighborhood hand-me-down a whole bunch of baby stuff to us. We went from having just a few baby things to owning a gorgeous cherry wood crib, boxes of baby clothes, tons of blankets, bottles, newborn pacifiers, and lots of other baby doodads. I can't describe how grateful we are for that family's generosity! Going through the clothes made me realize just how tiny she is going to be! I could not get enough of the little "Justborn" sized onesies. I am absolutely in love with them.
Gender: Girl!
Movement: She kicks around a lot! I started thinking I might be feeling her around 15 or 16 weeks, but I wasn't really sure until a couple weeks later. I definitely feel her quite a bit now! She kicks against waistbands that are too tight, does flips, and exhibits all kinds of acrobatics in there. She's still tiny, but I feel like she already has a personality, and I think she is going to be silly like her daddy.
Sleep: Weird. I fall asleep at the drop of a hat, but it's not always very restful sleep. I take naps when I can snag them, which ends up being a lot less often than I'd like. Other than that, I fall asleep pretty early at night. My dreams have been strange and very vivid since I got pregnant, but they say that's pretty normal. I always have to pee right when I get up, too, but I'm just grateful I haven't had to wake up to use the restroom very much yet!
Belly button in or out: Kind of out! It can't seem to make up its mind, but it has been flopping back and forth for a while now. It's about half and half right now, with the top half sticking out.
What I miss: Having lots of energy! The pregnancy fatigue is hard to deal with sometimes. I also miss being able to eat a whole serving of food without feeling like a stuffed pig. My few months of acne-free skin are another thing I miss, but at least this time I have a good excuse for the breakouts. :) Honestly, though, I'm feeling pretty good about things right now. The second trimester is a nice little reprieve from a lot of the yuckiest symptoms of pregnancy.
Cravings: I haven't craved anything weird to date, but I have had LOTS of cravings for Italian anything and Ranch. My side of the family loves Italian, so maybe she'll take after my side.
Symptoms: Morning sickness very rarely now, thank goodness. Symptoms lately have been along the lines of headaches, fatigue, bloody noses, acne, and lots of mood swings! My poor hubby.
Worries: Finances, getting the bedroom ready for the baby, any abnormalities in the 20 week ultrasound next week..mostly just excited, though.
What I look forward to: 20 week ultrasound! I can't wait to get another glimpse of our little girl! It will be nice to make sure she really is a girl and that everything is going just the way it should with the pregnancy.
Celebrations: This isn't pregnancy related, but Thanksgiving was this week, and I loved being able to celebrate with family and friends. It was wonderful. :) My mom's cousin came with her newborn son, and it really hit home that this is happening! For real!

Thanks for reading, guys! Hopefully I'll be back to post again soon!

-Malia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Malia! Your blog is so cute! I'd love to send you an invite to our blog too- what's your email address? Thanks, Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! And thank you! :) My email address is maliaedwards22@gmail.com. I'd love an invite! Thanks!

      Delete